Volume 12 | Issue 4 | Oct-Dec 2017 | Page 26-27 | Shantanu S Deshpande
Authers: Shantanu S Deshpande 
 Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune, India
Address of Correspondence
Dr. Shantanu Deshpande.
Consultant Arthroscopy & Joint Replacement
Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune.
Bharti Medical College.
A unique fracture pattern of distal humerus can be seen only in teenagers involved in arm wrestling sports. Presenting herewith a 16 year old right handed boy who was involved in arm wrestling. He had delayed presentation to fracture clinic. When treated with conservative management resulted in good function. The injury is presented here for its rarity and peculiarity.
Keywords: Humerus, Arm Wrestling, Teenager.
1. Cain EL, Dugas JR, Wolf RS et al. Elbow injuries in throwing athletes: a current concepts review. Am J Sports Med. 2003;31:4;621-635.
2. Tullos HS, King JW. Throwing mechanisms in sports. Orthop Clin North Am. 1973;4;709-720.
3. Arfwidsson S. Missile-throwing fracture of the shaft of the humerus. Acta Chir Scand. 1957;113;229-233.
4. Heilbronner DM, Manoli A, Morawa LG. Fractures of humerus in arm wrestlers. Clin Orthop. 1980;149;169-171.
5. Nyska M, Peiser J, Lukiec F, et al. Avulsion fracture of the medial epicondyle caused by arm wrestling. Am J Sport Med. 1992;20:3;347-351.
6. Ogawa K, Ui M. Fracture-separation of the medial humeral epicondyle caused by arm wrestling. J Trauma. 1996 Sep;41(3):494-7.
7. Whitaker JH. Arm wrestling fractures- a humerus twist. Am J sports Med. 1977;5;67-77.
8. Helm RH, Stuart P. Fractures of Humerus during use of an arm wrestling machine. Br Med J. 1986;293;1644.
9. Moon MS, Kim I, Han IH et al. Arm wrestler’s injury: report of seven cases. Clin Orthop. 1980;147;219-221.
10. Lokiec F, Velkes S, Engel J. Avulsion of the medial epicondyle of the humerus in arm wrestlers: a report of five cases and review of the literature. Injury. 1991 Jan;22(1):69-70.
|How to Cite this article: Deshpande SS.Teenager’s Fracture in Arm Wrestling . Journal of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery Oct-Dec 2017;12(4):26-27..|