Volume 13 | Issue 4 | Oct-Dec 2018 | Page 18-20 | Girish Nathani, Piyush Nashikkar, D.S.Bhamare, Ajit Swamy
Authers: Girish Nathani , Piyush Nashikkar , D.S.Bhamare , Ajit Swamy .
 Department of Orthopaedics, Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College, & Research Centre, Pune, Maharashtra, India.
Address of Correspondence
Girlish Kanhayalal Nathani
Department of Orthopaedics, Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College, & Research Centre, Pune, Maharashtra, India.
Pigmented villonodular synovitis is relatively rare condition. This results in increased proliferation of synovium causing villous or nodular changes of synovial lined joints.in this study we have successfully excised the tumour with help of arthroscopic radio frequency ablation after open excision.
Keywords: Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis, talocalcaneal joint.
1. Jaffe HL, Lichtenstein L, Sutro CJ. Pigmented villonodular synovitis, bursitis and tenosynovitis. Arch Pathol. 1941;31:731-765.
2. Granowitz SP, D’Antonio J, Mankin HL. The pathogenesis and long-term end results of pigmented villonodular synovitis. Clin Orthop. 1976;(114):335-351.
3. Villani C, Tucci G, Di Mille M, Di Gennaro S, Corsi A. Extra-articular localized nodular synovitis (giant cell tumor of tendon sheath origin) attached to the subtalar joint. Foot Ankle Int. 1996;17(7):413-416.
4. Rao AS, Vigorita VJ. Pigmented villonodular synovitis (giant-cell tumor of the tendon sheath and synovial membrane). A review of eighty-one cases. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1984;66(1):76-94.
5. Myers BW, Masi AT. Pigmented villonodular synovitis and tenosynovitis: a clinical epidemiologic study of 166 cases and literature review. Medicine. 1980;59(3):223-238.
6. Goldman AB, DiCarlo EF. Pigmented villonodular synovitis. Diagnosis and differential diagnosis. Radiol Clin North Am. 1988;26(6):1327-1347.
7. Flandry F, Hughston JC. Pigmented villonodular synovitis. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1987;69(6):942-949.
|How to Cite this article: Nathani G, Nashikkar P, Bhamare DS, Swamy A.Localized Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis of Talocalceneal joint :A Rare Case Report. Journal of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery Oct-Dec 2018;13(4): 18-20.|