Volume 12 | Issue 4 | Oct-Dec 2017 | Page 17-19 | Wachche Gurunath S, G S Kulkarni, Ruta Kulkarni
Authers: Wachche Gurunath S, G S Kulkarni, Ruta Kulkarni
 Post Graduate Institute of Swasthiyog Prathistahn , Station Road Extension Area , Miraj , Maharashtra -416410, India
Address for correspondence:
Dr Wachche Gurunath S.
Associate Professor Orthopedics.
Post Graduate Institute of Swasthiyog Prathistahn , Station Road Extension Area , Miraj , Maharashtra -416410, India
Background: Arthrodiatasis has a broad clinical application in the conditions where the joint motion and stability of the joint is needed.We have studied 30 cases involving the various joints in which we have distracted the joint gradually to achieve mobility and stability.
Keywords: Arthrodiatasis – Articulated distraction of the joints- Intraarticular fractures.
1. Moorey Bernard F: Distraction Arthroplasty -clinical Applications : CORR No.293, Aug.1993, Page -46 -54.
2. Helmien. H. J. Jurvelin:- Joint loading:- Biology and health of articular structures Page 372- 391.
3. Aldegheri. R – Artrodiatasi. d’anca. ortopedia. e. Traumatologia. oggi. 1981; 1:103:9.
4. Aldheghere Roberto, Giampaolo Trivella, Michael Saleh :- Articulated Distraction of Hip. Conservative surgery for arthritis in young patients : C.O.R.R. No.301, April.94, Page.94 – 101.
5. Scott. W.N:- The knee :- Knee physiology & Biomechanics Page 75- 81.3
6. Herzenberg.John E; James R.Davis;Dror Paley;Anil Bhave :- Mechanical distraction for Treatment of severe knee flexion
7. Damsin J.P. Joint contractures. In Bianchi Maiochi A & Aronson J. Operative Principles of Ilizarov. Baltimore Williams and Wilkins. 1981 PP-436 – 440.
8. Dr. Kulkarni G.S:- Recent advances in Orthopaedics Page 500- 510.
9. Volkov M.V.and oganesian O.V.:-Restoration of function in the knee and elbow with a hinge distraction apparatus JBJS. 57 A, 1975 page-591.
|How to Cite this article: Wachche GS, Kulkarni GS, Kulkarni RM. Arthrodiatais – Articulated Distraction of the Joints. Journal of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery Oct-Dec 2017;12(4):17-19.|